3DS Rom Hardware
- After you press on the icon to try to launch the flash card game menu it gives and error message saying
An error has occurred. Please shut the power OFF and follow the instructions in the user manual.
There is currently no way to get passed this message. But lets not forget that the same thing happened when the DS Lite was releases - and it was hacked. Nintendo tried to lock out flash cards on DSi - that didn't work out as it was cracked in a couple of days and then there were numerous DSi and DSiXL firmware updates that had only one purpose and that is to prevent users from playing Homebrew and NDS roms from R4i flash cards - all failed. So now with 3DS:
- first we have to remember that 3DS has a Region Lock and it just may be that the flash cards are blocked because they use boot strap from EUR and USA roms. There till is a slim chance that when the NA and European models are released hey accept some cards.
- we are waiting on how the teams behind the various R4 NDS / DSi flash card brands will respond to this move by Nintendo.
- Homebrew fanatics will try to hack 3DS to run Linux and Homebrew on it.
- DATEL and Action Replay will try to crack it to implement some cheats and codes.
- for creating softmods like we have on the Wii possibilities of exploiting venerabilities in save games and buffer overflow have to be explored
- Custom firmware similar to what we had for early models of NDS and Sony PSP could be required to enable execution of unsigned code on the N3DS
- we can not rule out the possibility that we will have to install mod-chips for Nintendo 3DS ...
come back soon for more updates...
"An error has accurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo 3DS Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."
So 3DS blocks R4 flash cards, but nothing bad hapens to the console if you try one on it.
Even if they did work they would only be useful for playing NDS ROMs and ot for 3DS ROMs.
Wholenew new generation or R4 3DS flash cards will be needed for the N3DS games.
You will see on the DS's outer casing the two lenses of the camera which are about two inches away from the other. Though it looks strange, this actually allows you to capture photos in 3D and this is indeed a very enticing feature. Though this may not be the one that you tried at a demo, you should expect these consoles to become available soon and allow you to edit photos and even record videos.
Download NDSL and NDSi ROMs for R4 DS SDHC DSi Flash Cards. Best Top NDS game direct downloads, RapidShare and Torrent links Pokemon Mario Dragon Quest Zelda GTA.
Our R4 Games work on all Flash Cards & Emulators. Nintendo DS Emulator Roms = R4DS Rom files.
NDSi / 3DS N3DS Upcoming Releases:
Pokemon Black Version USA English and EUR, Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded, Okamiden, Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, Pokemon White Version (U) Rom English Patch, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, FIFA Soccer 11, Super Scribblenauts, Sonic Colors.